It is a very common condition in India affecting a large number of people. Due to unhealthy eating habits and poor lifestyle, so many people are suffering from acidity. In this when the stomach acid flows back into the food pipe there is heartburn around the lower chest area. It happens because when we eat food it passes down the esophagus into the stomach. The esophagus is a tube that brings food to the stomach. Then the gastric gland produces acid to digest the food but the acid produced is more than required it creates acidity. Acidity is also known as gastroesophageal reflux (GER). It is the most serious form of acidity. It can be treated with antacids and by changes eating and lifestyle habits.
People prone to acidity are:
1. Those who Overconsume alcohol
2. Pregnant women
3. Those who consume spicy food
4. Those who consume an excess of meat
5. People with obesity
6. Those who take drugs (NSAIDs) non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
7. Those who are suffering from medical conditions such as diabetes, asthma, hernia, peptic ulcers, etc.
Symptoms of acidity
1. Poor digestion
3. Bad breathe
5. Difficulties in swallowing of food
6. Burning sensation in the stomach, throat, and heart
8. Regurgitation in which the swallowed food come up again to the mouth
Causes of acidity
1. Unhealthy eating habits
2. Overconsumption of spicy and oily food
3. Side effects of certain medicines
4. Due to medical conditions such as diabetes, asthma, hernia, peptic ulcers, etc.
6. Lying down after a meal
7. Eating certain foods like chocolates, tomato, citrus, garlic, mint, onions, etc.
The acidity can cause severe pain in the chest or abdomen. It also leads to problems such as excessive vomiting, ulcers, cancer, etc. Acidity is normal and harmless but when it happens often it creates pain and burns inside the esophagus. If you are suffering from acidity you can consult your doctor and have proper treatment.
I hope you liked our content if you liked then please share our page on social media like Instagram, Facebook, Whatsapp for helping others. If you have any suggestions then you can comment below. For more updates stay tuned.